Creating the Southeast’s Premier Walkable Livable Center
The Perimeter Community Improvement Districts (PCIDs), representing both the Central (DeKalb) and Fulton Perimeter CIDs, are self-taxing districts that use additional property taxes to help accelerate needed transportation and infrastructure improvement projects. The PCIDs are leading the charge to implement vital transportation enhancements coupled with land use and zoning strategies that will enhance mobility and improve access to the Perimeter activity center.
Partnerships Bring Success
Through the Perimeter Community Improvement Districts, commercial property owners voluntarily pay additional property taxes for infrastructure improvements. The PCIDs then use these funds to leverage additional funding and expedite critical transportation infrastructure and quality of life improvements for businesses, employees, residents and visitors in the Perimeter market. Through partnerships with the cities of Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, and Brookhaven, DeKalb and Fulton Counties and multiple state, local and federal officials and agencies, the PCIDs are amassing a significant track record of improvements that are continually transforming the Perimeter market.
- 29 + million-square feet of office space (leased & owned above 10,000 SF excluding medical offices) / 80% of market space occupied
- 5,000 companies
- Fortune 500 companies including: State Farm, UPS and COX Enterprise
- 123,000 + employees
- $3.36 billion + commercial real estate value
- the largest office market in Metro Atlanta and one of the region’s largest employment centers
- 3 strategic MARTA stations are located within the PCIDs boundaries with two more in close proximity
- Perimeter represents Metro Atlanta’s largest concentration of medical facilities
- Perimeter was awarded a Best Workplaces for Commuters District Designation by U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Perimeter provides easy access to I-75, I-85, I-285, GA 400, SR 141, Hartsfield/Jackson Airport and Peachtree DeKalb Airport
Creating the Southeast’s Premier Walkable Center
The PCIDs are leading the charge to implement vital transportation enhancements coupled with land use and zoning strategies that will enhance mobility and improve access to the Perimeter activity center.
The PCIDs area features Fortune 500 companies including: State Farm, UPS and Insight Global